100g gula melaka, chopped.
4 tbsp water.
3 pcs pandan leaves, knotted.
1/2 grated coconut, white part only.
1/4 tsp salt.
1 tsp corn flour.
600g white tapioca.
80g Castor sugar.
1/2 tsp salt.
90ml thick coconut milk.
Some banana leaves, cut into 5cm small rounds.
1. Filling: Put A into a pot, stir and cook until gula melaka has dissolved. Add B, stir and cook until dry. Dish up and leave to cool. form into small balls.
2. Peel, wash and cut tapioca into chunks. Steam with high heat for 45 minutes until very soft. Remove and put the hot tapioca into a cake mixer. While beating, add sugar, salt, slowly pour in coconut milk to form into a smooth paste.
3. Roll tapioca paste into 1cm thick, cut with a tart cutter to form into rounds. Place 1 portion filling in the centre and line tarts with banana leaves.
1. If a cake-mixer is not available, you may mash the tapioca with a potato masher.
2. Do not use yellow tapioca to make these tarts as yellow tapioca is more sticky and difficult to shape. Print this Page